It is always a wise precaution to pack some essential items in case of illness on holiday.
Do choose medicines according to your needs and the country you are visiting.
If you take prescription medicines regularly remember to pack then too.
- Travel sickness tablets
- Rehydration solutions such as Dioralyte
- Anti-diarrhoeal, eg Imodium
- High factor sunscreen; calamine lotion
- Always check whether you need any immunisations or malarial tablets before you travel
- Seek advice well in advance in case you need a course of injections
- Please contact the practice to complete the travel questionnaire
OTHER ESSENTIALS TO PACK
- Water purification tablets
- Insect repellent
- Condoms/ other contraceptives
- Arrange medical insurance
- Obtain a EHIC card if you are travelling in Europe. This will entitle you to free or reduced cost medical care within the EU. Take the EHIC card with you on holiday. (Care can still be very expensive even with an EHIC card.)
To find out more information about obtaining a EHIC card, follow the link below.
Please note you will need to book a MINIMUM of 4 weeks PRIOR to departure if you require travel vaccinations