Portland Medical Practice will continue to provide advice/treatment for any medical concerns. However, there have been changes to protect staff and patients during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
- Only enter the building if you have a pre-booked appointment or you have been asked to attend by a clinician.
- Use the intercom to speak to reception team.
- Place prescription requests through the letterbox at the front of the building.
- Please follow the latest Covid NHS guidance. Please wear a face mask or covering when entering the building.
Please note we will not be booking face to face GP or Nurse appointments unless advised by a clinician.
All our appointments are now made through the new online eConsult system.
The receptionist will arrange a telephone or video consultation for you if necessary in accordance with national guidance.
Please remember we are still here to provide advice/treatment for any medical concerns. If you need to be seen face to face we can arrange this in a way that keeps you safe. Please do not ignore worrying symptoms.
Symptoms of COVID
"The most important symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of any of the following:
- a new continuous cough
- a high temperature
- a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)."
Tests for Covid
If you think you have Covid, get tested.
Recovering from Covid
If you need help with recovering from Covid please use the excellent website developed by Lancashire NHS, to get back control from your symptoms. Click the picture below.
Here is another site to get help in recovering: